[pskmail] KB2PNM server update

  • From: Robert Krasowski <rkrasowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 06:38:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
I tortured my equipement yesterday trying to find out where is the problem.
When I am sending any digital mode from my station there is strong carrier  on
top of my signal. When I connect my server to  laptop running client (audio
cable connection), I have no problem, signal is clean, I changed RigBlaster no
mic to different one - no help. Only switching to different computer improved
situation, so  for some reason connecting my computer (Atom processor running
Ubuntu 11.04) with my TS2000 with RigBlaster No mic creat a problem. I do not
know how to fix it.
Solution for now, I installed new pskmail_server on my old laptop with Ubuntu,
got everything running but rigblaster controller - I didn't have a time to
install drivers for my USB-Serial, but will try to do it today, on top of that
I got message permission denied for aprs file, but I think I can fix it and
hopefully will be on the air soon.
I singning up for session on skype !!
Question what is the minimum requirement in term of RAM, speed of the computer
to run fldigi - i read some min 700Mhz but better 1.2G, but no words about RAM
requirement.
Best regards
73
Robert