[pskmail] Re: KB2PNM server up and running

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 17:50:01 +0100

Hi,

The time is added to the email itself within rflinkserver.pl. Many smtp
servers will not handle emails lacking a proper "Date: xxxx" (spam often
lacks that field) so we have to add it to the email itself. I spent a
lot of time getting this in order, it has worked fine but there are many
things that can go wrong (unrecognized local timezone designator etc).
Please run the attached script and report back what it says. Its an
exact copy of what is in rflinkserver.pl.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

P.s. If the attached file is deleted by the list then the content is:
#! /usr/bin/perl -w

use POSIX qw(strftime);
use Time::Local;

# Create a date for the mandatory Date: header
 my @dayofweek = (qw(Sun Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat));
 my @monthnames = (qw(Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec));
 my $timezone = strftime("%Z", localtime());
 my ($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday) = localtime();
 $year += 1900;
 my $mydate = sprintf("%s, %02d %3s %04d %02d:%02d:%02d (%s)",
$dayofweek[$wday],$mday,$monthnames[$mon],$year,$hour,$min,$sec,
$timezone);

print "$mydate\n";