[pskmail] K3NG Server Node 10.148 Mhz

  • From: Goody K3NG <goody.k3ng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 08:52:38 -0400

I modified the code in my arq.pm so that when doing a QSL for a client beacon it will ID like: QSL K1ABC de K3NG after a random zero to ten second wait. I also made changes that may resolve the log errors for line 1323 in arq.pm.

WB5CON, I noticed this morning that your node was repeating a PSKAPRS message several times. Each time my node thought it was a beacon and responded back with a QSL. My code modification didn't change the beacon QSL logic, just the message it sends out. I'm not sure what's go on. I'll keep an eye on it; if my node and your node keep blabbing, I'll shut mine off.

BTW, here's a diff of the changes I made to arq.pm:

1232,1233c1232,1233
< if (($Hislastblock - $Goodblock) == 8 || (($Hislastblock + 64) - $Goodblock) == 8) {
<         $Hislastblock = $Goodblock;
---
> if (($HisLastblock - $Goodblock) == 8 || (($HisLastblock + 64) - $Goodblock) == 8) {
>         $HisLastblock = $Goodblock;
1304c1304
<         $Hislastblock = $Goodblock;
---
>         $HisLastblock = $Goodblock;
1538a1539
>                                     sleep int(rand(10));
1540c1541
<                                     print QSLOUT "QSL\n";
---

--
Blog: http://thek3ngreport.blogspot.com/