[pskmail] Re: Jpskmail and Bluetooth GPS

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 20:46:52 +0200

Il 10/07/2011 20:28, Pär Crusefalk ha scritto:

After all that I would think its safe to say that a bluetooth gps will
have to use gpsd, for now anyway. It should be fine for windows as the
driver should place a virtual serial port like comX and rxtx will pick
that up.

Yes, this is true. But only for a Java program.

Xastir and OpenCPN, both C program I suppose, are able to connect to a GPS on /dev/rfcomm0.

If using only Linux native programs gpsd is the correct solution. If using some windows program under wine (like SeaClear) gpsd don't work and I need to connect to /dev/rfcomm0 directly.

Regards
Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW