[pskmail] Re: JavaPSK problem; Invoking "Preferences"?

  • From: Pär <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:27:24 +0200

mån 2009-04-06 klockan 11:48 -0400 skrev Hal:
> On 04-05, Per Crusefalk wrote:
> > Hi Hal,
> >
> > Yes, I'm afraid its a known issue. It happens on some PC's and not on
> > others. I was hoping I wouldn't have to create an installer but I have
> > started one now to get around this, In the meantime there is a manual
> > procedure to get past this. The problem is the RXTX libs for handling
> > the serial port:
> >
> > The RXTX install should be fine as is on most installs.
> > However, some PC's have trouble finding the RXTX-files used to handle
> > the serial port. If you can launch the application but the preferences
> > window will not show then you need to install the files in the system.
> > For now there is a manual procedure for that.
> >
> > For linux using java 1.6:
> >
> > 1. cd to the jpskmail folder
> > 2. copy the files to the system java path:
> > sudo cp librxtxSerial.so /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.10/jre/lib/i386/
> > sudo cp lib/RXTXcomm.jar /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.10/jre/lib/ext
> >
> > 73 de Per, sm0rwo
> >

> > sön 2009-04-05 klockan 16:05 -0400 skrev Hal:
> > > Greetings: I have FLDigi-3.10 running as well as JavaPSKMail, but when I
> > > click Preferences to get to Users nothing happens with the following
> > > screen dump report:  (Machine is Slackware 12.1, not this machine.)
> <snipped>
>
>       Greetings and; Bingo!!
>
>       Slackware's version of JRE is 'jre-6u6-i586-3 - "Java 2 Platform
> Standard Edition" '; with the following paths:
> /usr/lib/java/lib/i386 and /ext--so we have the age old *nix "Where's my
> file," eh?? HI..
>
>       All seems OK except for some queries that I'll work on.. The
> main one is that WB5CON keeps asking me to Update my Record and my
> clicking on Update Server from JPSKMail doesn't seem to "take," when
> connected or not connected.. Maybe there's a delay to update his data
> base..
>
>       I suspect other distributions are different??  APPRECIATE!!
> de W8MCH
>              Hal       UNIX-GNU/Linux - Slackware 11.0, 2.4.33.3

Hi Hal,

Good that it worked. I am just now writing a page about the client on
the wiki and I'll put it there until there is an installer in place.

Regarding the upload I suspect its the same issue that may have been an
issue for another gentleman. The upload button gets info stored in the
configuration file, data gets written to the configuration when you hit
OK in the preferences window. So, if you fill in the email data and
press that upload button then the data is not yet stored and nothing
will happen. So, fill in all the required data and store it with the OK
button before you connect. At least it works if I do it that way.

I think we should move that upload button back to the main menu, that
way its easier to do this if you connect to another server. Also, the
server select drop-down should be put back on the main page...

Lots to do :-)