[pskmail] Re: Java client tweaks?

  • From: Greg <kb1ncj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 07:33:23 -0500

I have noticed that when typing a message in the message body area of a new message, the text will run out of the window even when maximized instead of returning to the next visible line below. - Keep up the great work! 73 Greg KB1NCJ

Pär Crusefalk wrote:
Hi all,

I decided to stop coding for a while and actually test the client on the
air yesterday (been to busy with programming). Anyway, I think a few
changes could be good:

1. Installer. Should not be necessary but I had the preferences window
problem where you have to install the rxtx files for the serial port.
- Started building a multi platform installer using izpack

2. Edit fields are sometimes too short, such as for email address
- Easy fix.

3. It can sometimes take a while for a requested action to actually
happen, nothing wrong its just that sometimes a previous action is not
done and the new action has to wait. It would be good to have a better
way to follow the client status with a queue list for coming actions.
That way you would get immediate feedback that your buttonpress,
whatever, will be handled soon (so the user doesnt press agn and agn),
- Thinking abt that one...

Have you encountered other things you would like to change?