[pskmail] Re: JPSKMAIL Questions

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:41:30 +1000

Hi Eric,

It seems you are getting close now with your pings getting picked up by
NC5O.

Regarding the serial port two things I would check:

1. In the preferences, there is a gps tab. Make sure the box saying
something like "gps connected" is unchecked.

2. It could be that the software is not finding the serial driver. If you
are using Linux see the following link:

http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/FAQ+Preferences+dialog+in+jpskmail+does+not+work

If you use Windows then I would propose to use the latest installer on the
Pskmail site (V0.3.7) which installs the drivers in the right place. That
would work for Linux too.

73s, John (VK2ETA)