[pskmail] Re: Installing the pskmail server on debian (ubuntu) systems

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:15:47 +0100 (CET)

Hi James,

no, I have not tested it on another Debian system, but I checked that all
necessary modules are
available on Debian.org.
I have no time to check a lot of distros, the Bebian installer should work on
most
of them... when you have a problem installing, pse tell, me so
I can try to help...

Ubuntu works fine for the things I want to do...

 >Hello Rein. > >Wondering if you have tested this on any other debian
derivative yet?

>Been testing MEPIS here and been finding it a nicer install than Ubuntu is.
>At least I can now view videos on Youtube and others (which I don't do much
>>viewing anyways)
with no hassles like I have on Ubuntu. The Ubuntu system does  >give me hassles
about dependecies
a lot more than I do like, but Ubutnu never  >has been a 'perfect' derivative
either.