[pskmail] Re: Installation of PSKmail Client on Ubuntu 11.10 -instruction

  • From: Remi Chateauneu <remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 20:06:15 +0000

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From my yesterday test I can confirm this. Fldigi fax reception is
> from Hamfax program. Same quality, same filters I suppose.

Yes, indeed. I was a happy Hamfax user, but needed hamlib control. So
I sent a code patch to hamfax's author and at the same time inserted
the hamfax modem "as is" into fldigi. Later, features came: Slant,
auto-center, better image start/stop detection, etc...
There is still room for image enhancement (Binarisation of the final
image, insgle points elimination, better sampling etc...).

> Only a bit off topic.As I see, you have developed some code for Fldigi.
> It is possible integrate in Fldigi also a Navtex rx?

I am working on rewriting the JNX navtex modem in C++ in order to do
this, precisely.