[pskmail] Re: Hello and a couple questions

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:49:36 +0200

Hi Mike,

> First, I understand that PSKmail is designed for soundcard interface to
> radio, and that is what I will be using. A friend of mine, however, is
> wondering if it can be done using an external modem/TNC, and if so, what are
> the requirements and/or what specific modem/TNC models might be compatible?

At this moment in time no PSK250 modem is available, only soundcard software.

> Second, is there any capability, either current or planned, to support telnet
> sessions? For example, using HF connection through PSKmail server, I would
> like to be able to telnet in to a shell on a friend's Linux box - would such
> a thing be possible?

This is planned for the future. It will probably be some form of ssh rather
than telnet, and it will be VERY slow.
It requires multi-connect, where pskmail is single session at the moment. So it
will take some time to implement.

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com