[pskmail] Re: Hang with Live CD

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:02:06 +0100

tis 2007-01-23 klockan 21:30 -0600 skrev Walt DuBose:
> I got the same error today on a PSKMail Live CD I downloaded from a site
> listed
> on one of the other sites.
>
> I was booting up and a Dell GX-260 with 512 MB RAM.  I will try it tomorrow
> on a
> Dell GX-580 with 1 GB of RAM.
>
> Could it be that the last Live CD has an error in the ISO?  Wouldn't be the
> first time this sort of thing has happened.  Hi Hi.
>
> But I'm not going to blame anyone for putting out an opensource Live CD
> weather
> it works or not...its the thought and consideration that the individual has
> for
> the amateur radio community that shines so brightly.
>
> 73,
>
> Walt/K5YFW

Hi,

That Dell is pretty much the same machine as I have in the office and I
tested it there as well. I will test the iso on that mirror and make
sure its ok. If its ok then the problem is caused by the generating
script (mklivecd). If thats the case then I guess there is no other
realistic option than to switch distro. So, I will test it first and
then see what I have to do.

73 de Per, sm0rwo