[pskmail] Re: Hang with Live CD

  • From: "Per Crusefalk" <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:25:52 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

You are absolutely correct Rein, it needs at least 256 Megs.
Perhaps its time to change the base distro, someone suggested puppylinux
and others knoppix. Mandriva is very nice but the tools needed to create a
live distro is somewhat shaky. Mandrivas own tool, draklive, is almost
undocumented but seems to work fine. MCNlive/mklivecd is what I use now
and its well documented and works but you have to use that magic handshake
and create the distro from a certain version.
What demands are there for a live distro ? What would you like to see ?

73 de Per, sm0rwo

P.s. Rein, you are correct that I should be travelling. I'll be flying on
Thursday and a couple of times in February & March. I am working with HMS
Gävle in the UNIFIL force and dates change rapidly:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNIFIL