[pskmail] Re: Hackers?

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:37:35 +0100 (CET)

Interesting idea Darko, PSKMAIL RADAR....

I think our TCP internet connection timing is not precise enough for light speed
radio.....

Glad the server is back, I need it often from here...

Rein EA/PA0R/M

Hmmm
Interesting, radio pirates !
:-)
Im not for black list or white list too.
Also Im not expert but what we can do, maybe some radio location "game" ?
Our servers are "connected" via internet
all are on the same frequency (non scann mode) so, maybe we can use the
TOA (time of arrival) like "lighting hunters" do.
Detecting trigger must be something what every client sending in TX signal.
What our development team think about that, is it possible ?

PS
9A1CRA server is bcak "online" after a week or more without internet radio (Ra-Fi) connection.
:-)

73!

Darko
9A3LI

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Gunnar Bulukin <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At this moment a blacklist would be the easy way to fix the problem.
Starting to use a white list will take a lot of time for each server to ad all users!
The problem can grow much bigger, if we don`t do something, even if that is a long shot, spammers do not have HF radios ;-)
I still think that RKR10, RKR011 and RKR12 is some just interested in testing the program. I have not had any mail problems via my server.
Maybe a Skype meeting would be a good idea at this moment?
/Gunnar SA6BQZ

2012-02-19 13:19:04 UTC: SA6BQZ-1>PSKAPR: GATING RKR010
2012-02-19 13:38:43 UTC: SA6BQZ-1>PSKAPR: GATING RKR010
2012-02-19 14:29:33 UTC: SA6BQZ-1>PSKAPR: GATING RKR010
2012-02-19 14:39:53 UTC: SA6BQZ-1>PSKAPR: GATING RKR011
2012-02-20 04:59:54 UTC: SA6BQZ-1>PSKAPR: GATING RKR12
2012-02-20 05:11:24 UTC: SA6BQZ-1>PSKAPR: GATING RKR12

RKR010 is giving his position to Alkmaar in Holland!?
I think that he/she was using my server to send one e-mail but I am not sure. Deleted emails before knowing about the callsign. I know that the email was not used for spam or anything not correct.
The position can be put anywhere one likes so that is not for sure that he is there at all.

The second one RKR12 can not be found on aprs.fi, but I don´t think he is in Holland due to the fact that the band has almost never been open at 5AM UTC before!!

I think that the person that is doing this is just an interested radioperson without a certificate and that just made the callsign up to do a test of a great program but that is not ok and therefore I think it´s high time for some type of database.

73 de Gunnar