[pskmail] Re: Hackers?

  • From: "Gunnar Bulukin" <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 08:04:21 +0100

At this moment a blacklist would be the easy way to fix the problem.
Starting to use a white list will take a lot of time for each server to ad
all users!
The problem can grow much bigger, if we don`t do something, even if that is
a long shot, spammers do not have HF radios ;-)
I still think that RKR10, RKR011 and RKR12 is some just interested in
testing the program. I have not had any mail problems via my server.
Maybe a Skype meeting would be a good idea at this moment?
/Gunnar SA6BQZ

  _____

2012-02-19 13:19:04 UTC: SA6BQZ-1
<http://aprs.fi/?c=message&limit=&call=SA6BQZ-1> >PSKAPR
<http://aprs.fi/?c=message&limit=&call=PSKAPR> : GATING RKR010
2012-02-19 13:38:43 UTC: SA6BQZ-1
2012-02-19 14:29:33 UTC: SA6BQZ-1
2012-02-19 14:39:53 UTC: SA6BQZ-1
<http://aprs.fi/?c=message&limit=&call=SA6BQZ-1> >PSKAPR
<http://aprs.fi/?c=message&limit=&call=PSKAPR> : GATING RKR011
2012-02-20 04:59:54 UTC: SA6BQZ-1
<http://aprs.fi/?c=message&limit=&call=SA6BQZ-1> >PSKAPR
<http://aprs.fi/?c=message&limit=&call=PSKAPR> : GATING RKR12
2012-02-20 05:11:24 UTC: SA6BQZ-1
<http://aprs.fi/?c=message&limit=&call=SA6BQZ-1> >PSKAPR
<http://aprs.fi/?c=message&limit=&call=PSKAPR> : GATING RKR12

RKR010 is giving his position to Alkmaar in Holland!?
I think that he/she was using my server to send one e-mail but I am not
sure. Deleted emails before knowing about the callsign. I know that the
email was not used for spam or anything not correct.
The position can be put anywhere one likes so that is not for sure that he
is there at all.

The second one RKR12 can not be found on aprs.fi, but I don´t think he is in
Holland due to the fact that the band has almost never been open at 5AM UTC
before!!

I think that the person that is doing this is just an interested radioperson
without a certificate and that just made the callsign up to do a test of a
great program but that is not ok and therefore I think it´s high time for
some type of database.

73 de Gunnar