[pskmail] Guidance for beginner

  • From: Jeff McKune <research@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 21:55:01 -0600

Hello,

I am new to pskMail, but I have been an Fldigi user for a year or so. I have been through the user manual a couple of times, but I cannot get pskMail to work. When I request ping, my transmission takes place on the left side of the waterfall in Fldigi. If a station server does happen to respond, it looks like it is responding on the far right side of the waterfall. I have take the following steps to troubleshoot:

1.)  Verified and tried different servers.
2.)  Used the Frequency Calculator to make sure I am on the right frequency.
3.) Verified the configuration settings in Fldigi as specified in the pskMail manual.

My interface appears to be working correctly, so I do not believe this is a hardware issue. I suspect some sort of configuration issue, but I have not been able to resolve it. The instructions sound straightforward. Would anyone be able to assist me, or point me in the right direction?

73,

Jeff McKune
KD0JLM