[pskmail] Re: Gpsd and Mandriva 2007 works

  • From: kd4e <kd4e@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:00:27 -0400

Feels somewhat comforting that your usb dongle didn't work with
gpsd either... But, of course it would be good if it worked ;-)

73 de Per

> The Bluetooth GPS recipe for me is:
> Enable bluetooth on laptop (mandriva seems to be unable to work with
> my usb-dongle, but in Ubuntu its plugnplay...I'll look into this
> later...)

I think it is more comforting that it DOES work with gpsd under
UBUNTU.
Rein :)

It will only be comforting when someone discerns why
it is inconsistently supported across Linux distros
and then comes up with a solution.

It is a royal pain to deal with such inconsistencies
in devices that really should be OS & distro transparent.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Projects: ham-macguyver.bibleseven.com