[pskmail] Re: Gpsd and Mandriva 2007 works

  • From: Thomas Couperus <thomas.couperus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:55:54 +0100

Per,

The Bluetooth GPS recipe for me is:
Enable bluetooth on laptop (mandriva seems to be unable to work with my
usb-dongle, but in Ubuntu its plugnplay...I'll look into this later...)

As root run `hcitool inq` to find the deviceID (00:0D:b5:62:b9:87 in my case)
Then still as root run `hcitool cc $deviceID` then `hcitool auth $deviceID` you
will then be asked for the devices pin-number.
Then run `rfcomm bind /dev/rfcomm0 $deviceID`.
Now run `gpsd -p /dev/rfcomm0` and you are done.

Don't forget the `hcitool auth` command, as this will pair your gps device with
the pc....tomtom gps otherwise disables itself after 1,5 minutes....to save
battery ;)

Just my 2 cents... :)

Thinkcow/Thomas Couperus