[pskmail] Re: Gpsd and Mandriva 2007 works

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 13:28:58 +0100

Per,

I just did the following:

* travelled to the camper (difficult on 1 foot)
* loaded the live CD (2007_1_1.iso) on the laptop
* got the network going with my PRO-wireless 2200
* installed gpsd from urpi
* connected the gps via USB/RS232 converter
* opened a terminal
* started (as root) gpsd /dev/ttyUSB0
* installed netkit-telnet client from urpi
* netkit-telnet localhost 2947
* entered 'o' ('GPSD')
* entered another 'o'
* got the position + time stamp from the gps (magellan 320)

So I guess it works also with gpsd.

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com