[pskmail] Re: GPS integration?

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:06:05 +0100

sön 2008-11-09 klockan 21:09 -0800 skrev kd7tkq@xxxxxxxxx:
> > From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > Its very easy to get gps data automatically into the pskmail client.
> > All you have to do is to connect the gps and make sure gpsd is up and
> > running, then start pskmail. Thats it.
>
> Oh, thank you, Per. I need to get gpsd and Viking running on here anyway,
> being as GPS nav has been one of the few things I still use Windoze for.
>
> Tell me - is there some documentation for pskmail, aside from the wiki,  that
> I may be missing? I hope I'm not boring everyone with newbie questions that I
> should be able to find the answers to by RTFM.
>
>  - Mike
>

> You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail
> in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this?
> And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive
> them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.  --Albert Einstein,
> describing radio.

There is a very nice manual, written by Telemar.
Its available here:
http://www.pskmail.de/index.php?PSKmail-Technik:PSKmail-Anleitung
Unfortunately its only available in german.
Other than that there is only the wiki, which needs updating here &
there.

I was about to suggest that we open a section on the wiki where we can
write a structured manual, its needed.