[pskmail] Re: GPS and PSKmail "Western hemisphere bug"??

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 09:13:29 +0100 (CET)

Robert,

probably a minus missing somewhere. Difficult to debug for me because
I live in the wrong place :)
I will take a look...

Rein

Still torturing PSKmail....

This time I worked with gpsd
It did not function properly but after few trials I learned that have to simply restart gpsd to make it work.
From terminal:

 killall gpsd
 rm /var/run/gpsd.sock

That will stop whatever is not working and next starting again :

gpsd /dev/ttyASM0

After that I started xgps which nicely shewed me all data from GPS.
Later I reconfigurated my jPSKmail client with  Preferences/Edit/Devices -> marked Use gpsd

Proudly I was able to see my position in APRS window, the problem - Longitude stay EAST !!
I see data out of GPS in xgps and it is correct, but in jPSKmail I am in Eastern hemisphere. Please look at the attached picture.
I am affraid that "minus" is missing somwere in the code.

Well, anybody has any suggestions??
I keep torturing PSKmail......

73
Robert