[pskmail] Re: GPS and PSKmail

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 09:13:30 +0100 (CET)

I use gpsd, it will automatically recognize the gps port... and you can use xgps to check if its working.
... only on Linux of course...

HI,
after busy week at work I got some time and was able to get jPSKmail client working correctly, downloading email is fine, still if it goes in compress format I have to download twice to get it, but for now I am happy.
I was trying to connect GPS to jPSKmail, I am using Q1000XT - that is connected into USB port. It is recognized by Ubuntu as /dev/ACM0 but when I go to Preferences, Edit Devices, Get ports - it is not there, I tried "GPS is connected", it did not work, I installed gpsd and choose "Use gpsd", still nothing, any suggestions??

Thanks like always
Robert
KB2PNM