[pskmail] Re: Fwd: Re: pskmail; software and web-pages; questions and informations

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 16:06:56 +0100

Hi all,

I was kind of waiting for Rein to answer but I'll just add a few things before he does.

1. Website with dead links

I have no control of pskmail.org so that is a question for Rein.
Merging pskmail.org and the wiki is not something I have heard anything about.

2. Software development

I can only answer for myself here. I have not contributed anything in quite a while now and that is mainly due to all my troubles with fldigi. I just can not make it stay up and running on my server so that has somewhat soured the experience of using the system. I believe Rein has done things but I'm not up to speed and that.

I would like to get started again some time so I have upgraded my working environment and had a brief look at my to do list. For starters I'd like to upgrade the installers and have a look at more modern ways to overcome the installer problem. Containers could be a nice solution, dockers or perhaps kubernetes could make the install process super easy.

Also changing my mind about using fldigi here, it's just not working for me so perhaps going back to the integrated modem is a better solution in the end anyway. Fldigi keeps finding new ways of crashing, freezing and generally not work very well at all for me.

The confusing button name would be a typo by me in the language files. Its super easy to fix but needs a new binary.

73, Per
sm0rwo