[pskmail] Re: [Fwd: Re: jpskmail issue]

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 09:13:28 +0200

tor 2010-06-24 klockan 14:43 -0400 skrev pskmail@xxxxxxxxx:

> Greeting-
>
> Right you are!  I had no idea that my ubuntu system had more than one JVM
> installed.  A fast use of locate gave me the full path to the JDK 1.6 JVM and
> jpskmail started right up!
>
> I am busy this week, but next week will see me getting my HF antenna back in
> the
> air and giving pskmail a try.  My hope is to set up a node in New York City. I
> will of course have to find a stable and cheap radio to dedicate to that.
> Since
> I use my SGC-2020 mobile on the boat, and my TenTech 509 is not stable enough
> would welcome suggestions on a stable/cheap radio for this service.
>
> 73
>
> -Brett
> wa3yre

Hi Brett,

I'm a bit slow in answering this, have just been too busy.
Great that you were able to get through that issue, just read abt the
next and I hope we solved that one as well :-).

A node in New York City would be great, there are pskmail yachts
participating in the ARC (atlantic rally for cruisers) this year and
they need servers on that side of the atlantic!
http://www.worldcruising.com/arc/

I use an ICOM 706MK2G and its a stable and nice radio but not the best
for pskmail (it lacks a digital mode, can only use the 500 Hz filter by
using a split and listen in cw). I think the ICOM 718 is better, I tried
it on SA0BCJ yacht before he sailed and it seemed very nice. Its also
cheaper, think its abt $600 new now (should be used ones around too).
For a server a 500 Hz filter is very, very good to have.