[pskmail] Fldigi agn...

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 18:06:05 +0100

Hi,

I have replaced my server PC and rebuilt the station so I have installed a fresh version of fldigi. At the moment fldigi 3.22.05 (stable) is running here and I have tried the alphas also. The issue I am seeing is that when the channel is only filled with noise the green signal indicator at the lower right is about half way up. I then set my squelch level slightly above that. When a signal appears the signal indicator almost always rises to the top at first and then sinks down beneath my squelch level. Static noise gives a higher reading than what real strong and good traffic does. I had a hunch this could be caused by receiver AGC but I'm not seeing any difference between a slow and a fast one.
I have tried three different soundcards... Any ideas much appreciated.

73, Per
sm0rwo