[pskmail] Re: Fldigi

  • From: "David Vrona" <dave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 10:53:38 -0500

My interest at the moment is solely to finish off the wiki on the client
distribution install.

If we are a "go" on the fldigi version that does NOT use the hamlib
libraries, then it will simplify the wiki and also avoid some runtime
problems that can be experienced.

On 2/3/07, Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rich Hudgins wrote:
> Has anyone tried to use Fldigi by itself on regular psk31 stations?  I
> have tried it several times and could not decode any of the signals at
> all.  it seems to work just fine with itself, but not another station
> running some other program.  I tried to install the newist version of
> fldigi  1.23 and it would not run on the version of mandriva I have
> loaded.  2007_1_1 ...
> Rich Hudgins
> n5ale

I use fldigi on a regular basis as a stand-alone in several digital
modes including RTTY. This is probably one of the best apps I have used,
including offerings from MS. One of the alpha testers uses Mandriva but
I'm not sure if its 2007 or 2006.

I agree with Rein, I think you either need to rename the
mailserver/client or put the executable for fldigi in the mailserver
folder and run it from there when you want to make use of the
mailserver/client.

Dave specifically addresses this issue on the fldigi homepage and IIRC
also in the help files.

If you need any help setting up fldigi as a stand-alone please feel free
to ask, I'll try to help the best I can.      73

Ed W3NR

fldigi Alpha tester for Debian