[pskmail] Re: First field experience with Pskmail for Android

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:15:01 +1000

Hi David,

Yes good idea about the airplane mode when in a mobile reception area.

Tomorrow I will post the schematic I use for my HTC desire as I think they
are the same from the headset connection point of view.

If you insert a pair of isolation transformers in the middle of my schematic
that should work well, as I protect the microphone inputs through resistance
attenuation.

I have calibrated the resistance values so that by default the adjustments
are more or less "in the middle", leaving the option to increase or decrease
the settings (SSB MIC gain on the Rig and volume out on the phone for
example).

I will dig out my old Bluetooth headset to test the audio quality and will
report (probably early next week as I am on a business trip for the rest of
this week).

Best regards,

John (VK2ETA)