[pskmail] Re: File uploads via PSKMail.

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 18:15:07 +0200

Hi Rick,

I believe the second question has been answered by others so I'll just
focus on the first.

The jpskmail client does not open any hamlib connection, what you are
experiencing on vista is also true on linux and mac using that client.

When you run the linux perl server it will use the CI-V to handle the
frequency settings while scanning is enabled. At the moment I dont think
there is a method in the IPC (IP) between fldigi and pskmail that
enables pskmail to ask fldigi to set the frequency. So, pskmail has to
connect to the rig and change the frequency (or memory) as set up in the
scan table (freqs.txt within qrg). That means the port is busy and CI-V
ptt from fldigi is not possible. We could go around that by having
fldigi implement a way to receive and pass on the frequency change
request. Then fldigi would have to always have a CI-V connection and
that creates other problems...

73 de Per, sm0rwo