[pskmail] Facebook status update using pskmail

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 19:29:03 +0200

Hi all,

If you have a facebook account and would like to update your status when your
only internet access is through pskmail then there is a way to do that. A
thunderstorm broke my fiber connection during the night and I had no connection
today (no phone or tv either as they come through the same fiber). Anyway, I
did some pskmailing instead but realized I could not update my facebook status
easily through pskmail. Or so I thought.

The solution for this is to use email to update that status. Facebook has a
"secret" email address for every user, it can be used to email status messages
and also images. To find out what the email address is you need to open
Facebook Mobile Upload here:
https://m.facebook.com/upload.php

Find your Facebook upload email address under Upload via Email.Do not share
this email address with anybody; it allows them to post to your Facebook
account... I'd use it only with compressed email. If someone should get it
anyway then you can reset it at facebook.

Compose a new message and send it to the address above, the status message is
the subject (body is ignored). If you have a really compressed image you would
like to show also then just attach that (just keep it really, really, really
small).

73,Per
SM0RWO