[pskmail] Re: FW: Re: Problem With Connection Reliability on New VHF Server

  • From: "Dan Ozment" <dan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:17:15 -0500

Maybe I'm over-analyzing, then.  So, the back and forth chatter is ok?   Not
being familiar with the application I had suspected the chatter to only happen
occasionally or when I am telling  it to do something.

I just did another test.

Ping - successful
Beacon  - successful
Connect @ PSK500   -successful
Update Server - successful
Get IAC Forcast  -successful
Send Email - Sorry, wrong password
QTC - Sorry, wrong password
Get Fleetcodes - successful

The update server is successful probably no more than 50% of the time.   I have
deleted the user from the database on the server and did an update from the
client.  Sometimes it works.  Sometimes it doesn't.     I have successfully
sent email.  Sometimes it work, other times I get the "Sorry, wrong password"
message.

Can you tell me which password is not being accepted?   The SMTP password on
the server is the same as when I started (and I have sent email successfully).
  The POP password in the client is correct.

I appreciate your help, and I apologize if I'm asking questions I should be
able to answer myself.  The application is very interesting, and we're excited
about being able to offer it over VHF in our area for general use and for ARES
use.

Dan