[pskmail] Re: FW: Re: Problem With Connection Reliability on New VHF Server

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:22:25 +0100 (CET)

Dan,

send me the mail record data of the tester exactly as it appears in the data base
(private mail to rein at couperus dot com),
and I will take a look at it.

Rein EA/PA0R/M

I will go back through my notes and document everything that I did when I have a chance.  But, the thing is I don’t think there is that much that I changed from the original install.  I am running the beta version of the client and server, and we forced it to only try PSK500 and PSK500R.  Other than that I think the difference is that I have a better understanding of what is going on in a session, and we tweaked audio levels on Signalinks.    I will go back through my notes…

We did have a much better success rate yesterday, however, after sending many messages through the server (both inbound and outbound) the gentleman doing the testing eventually started seeing the “Sorry, wrong password” message.   The frustrating part of that is that we were very careful to not change anything on either the client or server.  I have wondered if that is a problem with signal levels corrupting a password sent over RF, but the user authentication information (both SMTP and POP) are stored on the server at this point.  I am going to try to run tcpdump during some transactions today to see if I can catch one that fails.

I remain very excited about the possibilities and the progress we have made, and I very much appreciate the help from the list.