[pskmail] Re: FT-897, scanning and keying issue

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 10:07:23 +0200

Thank you Jürgen,

Both of your suggestions are great, the second would probably be better than the first. Downside is that I would have to change the server in a lot of places. I've looked around a bit and decided to take the lazy way out, CAT interface cables are only abt $10 each on ebay so I'll order one.
Like this one here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-CT-62-CAT-Cable-for-Yaesu-FT-100-FT-817-FT-857-FT-897-FT-100D-FT-817ND-/171016696018

But, thank you for your excellent suggestions. They made it easy to see the amount of work required.

73, Per
sm0rwo

2014-08-07 15:11, Juergen skrev:
Hi Per,
I have a similar CAT interface with integrated soundcard: http://www.darc-coburg.de/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=funkamateur-sounkarteninterface It also has one USB port for CAT and PTT and if I tried scanning mode in pskmail server I have the same problems with persited RTS.
I've tried two ways to solve the problem which both worked so far.
Both solutions make it necessary to change the rflinkserver.

Way 1:
Using of the Device::SerialPort perl module.
Initalyze the serial interface.
After the rigctl command in rflinkserver which changes the frequency add
a line which resets the RTS line.
The result is that during the frequency change PTT gets triggered for milliseconds and get then released.

Way 2:
Use the rigctld daemon
Start it with the following options :
Now it's possible to control your rig via port 4532.
The rigctld commands are the same like in rigctl command line version.
T 1  for example triggers PTT T 0 releases it.
Change the appropriate lines in the rflinkserver source.
Add a  client socket interface to port 4532
Replace the rigctl commands with client socket calls to port 4532 and send your command, "F 10147000" for example, to rigctld. It's important to start the rigctld with the -P RTS option, otherwise it don't work.

73
Juergen
DL8JF

On 08/06/2014 09:07 PM, Pär Crusefalk wrote:
Hi all,

I should probably know this but I figured I could send out my question
and get a good answer quickly as this should be common (?). I am now
using an FT-897 with the server, I use a CG Antenna SB-2000 interface
with that and it's working great. But... the interface has a single
USB-port and that is used for both CAT and PTT (RTS). So, when I don't
have scanning enabled everything works fine. But, when I enable scanning
hamlib opens the port and raises RTS which makes the radio transmit. Any
ideas regarding how I can make the radio ignore RTS and instead use CAT
PTT?

73, Per
sm0rwo