[pskmail] FLDigi wandering off freq.

  • From: stevez@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 17:10:05 +1000

Hello all,
Before I start - I know this has been asked before. Please keep reading ;-)

Using Fedora 10. FLDigi 3.10 (from distro) and 3.11.4 (static binaries
downloaded from FLDigi author's web site).

I find FLDigi keeps wandering well off RX frequency.

Yes, I have "Configure -> Modems -> Mail" set to "Use SweetSpot
Frequencies".
I have "Configure -> Modems -> PSK -> Mail -> Server Search Range" set
to 10.
I have "Configure -> Modems -> PSK -> General AFC behavior ->
Acquisition Search Range" set to 10.
I have  CW, RTTY and PSK et al sweet spot frequencies set to 1000Hz.

FLDigi has now drifted over 300Hz off freq. Depending on the kind of
noise I get at my QTH, this could happen in a matter of minutes, and it
will completely ruin its usability as a modem for 1000Hz.
It also looks like it is TX-ing at the same point that it has drifted
to! I know that the "Lk" button will fix this TX issue, but it won't
stay in the "On" position after FLDigi has been restarted, no matter
what I try.

Help!

Steve (VK2ZSZ).