[pskmail] [FAQ] Getting a login data record...

  • From: Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:02:08 +0200

> Can I have a login for the pskMail system please?

There are 2 ways to get a pskmail login data base record:

*1 Talk to the server admin you want a fixed account on (SM0RWO would be
a good choice for testing within Europe) and give him your data for
inclusion into the local database.

*2 Go to www.pskmail.org and use the 'user login' feature.
We have an experimental mysqsl database on pskmail.org where all users
can handle their own records.
Any pskmail server you want to use will 1st look into its own database
upon connect, and if it cannot find your record it will visit
pskmail.org to see if there is a central record. The record is cached
for 1 day and destroyed thereafter. You can use multiple records for
e.g. G0HWW, G0HWW-2 etc., allowing you to use multiple ISP's.
This feature is largely unknown, untested and undocumented, so I would
welcome some testing (it worked when I made it).