[pskmail] Re: Experiments with new modes for VHF and wide band (2700 Hz) HF.

  • From: Demetre SV1UY <demetre.sv1uy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 12:53:12 +0300

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I have made a website for the VHF experiments, which has all the infos and
> downloads.
> I had to patch fldigi, as the new modes use 2x RSID, which prevents its use
> in pskmail ARQ.
> The patch is only available for he Linux version of fldigi.
> As soon as we have a fix for which modes are usable we may try to add them
> to the V2 client, they would have to be ported form C++ to java...
>
> WHO CAN PATCH THE WINDOWS VERSION OF FLDIGI FOR ME?
>
> http://www.pskmail.org/VHF.html
>
> 73,
>
> Rein PA0R
> --

Hi,

I'd love to see the day that PSKMAIL will finally become a wideband (2700 Hz) HF
digital mode!

Is it a myth then that all a radio amateur needs is a 500 Hz wide channel as is
mentioned in the WiKi!

By the looks of things it is!

Good luck Rein, I'll be watching because I am interested in WIDE HF DIGITAL ARQ
MODES such as PACTOR-3 and 4, WINMOR, etc. Now it seems that PSKMAIL is
joining the WIDE HF DIGITAL ARQ MODES' ranks.

Keep up the good work Rein. You are in the right path.

--
73 de SV1UY
Demetre Ch. Valaris