[pskmail] Re: Error with wrong email address, FIXED

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:08:51 +0100 (CET)

When you send an email from the outbox, 2 things happen:
* you start a file upload from the outbox (xxxyyy)
* the client registers the upoad as a transaction tagged xxxyyy

As soon as the server confirms complete reception of the file it sends a
 '~FAxxxyyy' and the transaction tag as well as the file are deleted (a copy of the text is kept in 'Sentmail').

In case the upload is broken, the file as well as the tag is stored, to enable the resume function.

When you just manually delete the file from the outbox, the transaction remains active,
and the client will try to resume the upload. In ythat case there is no file, so it is broken again.

To stop the vicious circle you use the File->clear commands to delete the transaction as well as the file.

Hope this helps,

Rein PJ4/PA0R   @ PJ4C

Hi John,
that worked.
We cleared:

file/clear/uploads
file/clear/downloads
file/clear/Outbox

and now everything works normally.
I want to understand what was the problem. E-mail is compressed and changed to file, that is sitting in "upload" and that was the reason why clearing Outbox did not helped. Correct??

Thanks like always
Robert
KB2PNM

From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 6:30 PM

I should have written " it does NOT transmit the FA command"..

73, John

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM, John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Robert,

From the >FM: transaction it looks like a re-start of an uncompleted email transfer (could be due to the previous email address error...we need to look at this situation).

I would, in the client, perform a file/clear/uploads and file/clear/downloads.

I suspect that, because the server can't send the email, it does transmit the FA command telling the client to delete the temporary file, and therefore the client will try to re-send it every time he does a SEND.

Hope that resolves the issue.

73, John

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Robert Krasowski <rkrasowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, my friend on boat try to send email to wrong address. Now anytime he is trying to send new email he gets the same error. Below is my server log:

Client's rx s2n: 53.3333333333333 , averaged: 72.2816643804298

TX=PSK250 , RX=PSK250 , T=0 LQ=0 BL=6

>FM:SQ2OAZ:KB2PNM:tmp847423b903529b89b:s: :6

23:09 UTC Jan-17-2012: Receiving compressed mail

From: az@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To: jsobpost.home.plolewska@

Cc: motylek8i8@xxxxx, joanna.str1@xxxxxxxxx, j_kandzia@xxxxx, askabad77@xxxxx

Subject: z Oceanu

Joanno,

Do Karaibow zostalo nam okolo 1000 nM .Zamontowalem radio i dzieki temu moge wysylac i odbierac maile ale najlepiej pisane bez polskich liter ! Mozna tez nas sledzic na stronie Roberta Krasowskiego z USA mojego wielokrotnego i od wielu lat RUTERA , prowadzil mnie przez Ocean juz 4 razy teraz piaty! I mam wiare kolejny raz szczesliwy! Jego strona to www.anchorsat.com Daj znac prosze co slychzc

pozdrawiam

AZ-ja.

.

jsobpost.home.plolewska@

23:09 UTC Jan-17-2012: SMTP TLS requested, no debug info available..

23:09 UTC Jan-17-2012: Connection open...

End of mail receive...

::Receiving email

Error sending mail : Couldn't send TO <jsobpost.home.plolewska@>: 501 5.1.3 Bad recipient address syntax

at /usr/local/share/pskmail_server/rflinkserver.pl line 4376

Any idea how to eliminate this error??

He can not send any emails now. Receiving email is not a problem, only sending is giving that error.

So far I advised him to erase everything from Outbox , any idea what next we can do to correct this ??

Robert
KB2PNM