[pskmail] Re: Error installing Windows client

  • From: Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:08:32 +0100

Hi Pär

The penny has dropped. I told you earlier that my rebuilt XP machine was completely up to date. Of course, that meant the Microsoft software was completely up to date, but that didn't include Java!

I have now installed Java, and pskmail now installs without problem. Maybe you need to check that Java is actually installed first, before you proceed with pskmail installation.

I now have 2.0.1-c client (sort of) running. But there appear to be many display painting/refreshing bugs, and the client keeps locking up. I will play with it a few hours more.

--
73
Ian, G3NRW