[pskmail] Re: Email Problems

  • From: "Eric W. Davenport" <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:12:03 -0500

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response.

My POP3 is 110 as you indicate it is my SMTP that is 587.

I wasn't clear I am sorry.

I will recheck my settings and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks Again

Eric

On 1/30/2012 6:03 PM, John Douyere wrote:
Hi Eric,

I had a look at the server's code for confirmation, but at the moment it uses the standard 110 port for POP3 with password authentication or, if the email address is @gmail.com <http://gmail.com>, it uses SSL with the default port of 995.

So if your server responds on 587 it won't work as-is.

If you manage your mail server yourself can you add standard password authentication on default port 110?

Otherwise we can add an exception for your domain, but it gets a little messy.

Regards,

John.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Eric Davenport <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Good Morning,

    I too am experiencing email problems.

    I can hook up to the station in Wisconsin 100%. (I am at work and
    do not recall the Call)

    It says I do not have email yet I can confirm that I have email in
    the box waiting for me from another computer.

    I do not use my pskmail computer for email so I do not have email
    client set up on it.  Maybe that is what I is wrong.

    When sending email I get a wrong user and password error which is
    a little clearer since I use to get an error that said to check a
    line on a pl unit on the server which is a bit difficult for me.
     I think I saw a 587 in the error message. Maybe that is the
    problem since my email processor uses that port.

    I can get messages, I downloaded a list of APRS stations around me.

    I do not use gmail as I manage my email on a private server.

    I have looked all over the pskmail site for anything that could
    help me.

    If anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate it

    Thank You

-- KZ5ED
    Eric
    ewdavenport@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ewdavenport@xxxxxxxxxx>