[pskmail] Re: Developers

  • From: "Sjaak van Dam" <pa3gvr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:30:02 -0500

Hi List,

While we are on the subject of feature requests......

Al tough I have not been on the air with PKSmail (and have no right to
talk ;-} ) I do have a request:
I would love to see Linux support for the Softrock SDR (Software
Defined Radio) and have it integrated with PSKmail.

The Softrock costs about $45 for a 1W TRX Add an amp to up the power
to 30W and you could be up and running for less then $150.
This could be a great incentive to get people in to PSKmail and SDR.
$150 total vs. $1000 + the cost of a radio for "that other" HF email system.

I am finishing up my 30M/20M Softrock. Once I'm done I will dive into
PSKmail and hopefully get a server up and running here in South
Florida.

Thanks,

Sjaak, W4RIS