[pskmail] Re: Connection problems on 10146 Dial

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:58:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Franco,

I was following your connect to SM0RWO... Unfortunately conditions are
far below average at the moment, I could hear your signal VERY weak...

I think it is ok to use the PSK500R mode, which is default on 10147.
If the signal is too weak pskmail will automatically go to a lower speed mode.

It is normal when upload and download have different speeds. The only problems
occur when the signal is so weak that the RSID is not decoded.

You also have to experiment a bit with the signal levels in fldigi, for some
modes
this is critical. Anyway, it looks like your client is now configured
in the right way.

For beacons etc. use PSK500R as default mode. All servers listen in
PSK500R on 10147. So when they miss an RSID there is no problem.

73,

Rein Pa0R