[pskmail] Re: Connection problems on 10146 Dial

  • From: Dave Passey <moleonacid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:50:47 +0200

Hi Rein,

Thank you for your suggestions.  I have upgraded my fldigi to 3.20.23.
 When I checked, slow CPU is already enabled, which is probably
appropriate - this notebook uses a VIA C7 processor at 1200MHz, with
speed scaling (windoze reports 600MHz), but the machine is very slow
due to being based around USB2 for most major components (HDD
included).  Portaudio is the only option available for selection.  All
noted on frequency stability.

I can not find a URL for the 0.5.6 client, though I am currently
running 0.5.2, so the 0.5.4 link I can find would be an upgrade.  I
was wondering if you could point me in the right direction please?

No pole as yet, but I might be able to lash something up.  Rig is
FT-817 at 5W, so it will give the QRP capabilities a test!  I would
love to be microsoft free, and when not /P I mostly am, but this
notebook uses such odd components that in a lot of cases linux driver
support is partial at best :-(

Thanks and 73,
Dave F/M0MYA/P