[pskmail] Re: Connecting a GPS to Jpskmail

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 12:45:35 +0200

Hi Vic,

As you installed the zipped archive it does not install the needed rxtx
libs for you. Installing them is quite easy and is detailed in the
manual, I'll just paste the procedure from there:

Installation Instructions for RXTX

jPSKmail needs a JAVA Communication API to communicate with a GPS via
the serial line (RS232
or USB), that library is the rxtx package. These steps are only
necessary if you intend to actually
use a GPS.

Windows 98/NT/2000/XP:
For installing the RXTX package you will find the necessary dll and jar
files within the directory
where you installed jPSKmail.
Installation procedure:
         copy rxtxSerial.dll to %JAVA_HOME%\bin,
        (%JAVA_HOME% is the folder where JRE is installed on your
system;
        e.g. c:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.6.0_15)
     • copy RXTXcomm.jar to %JAVA_HOME%\lib\ext

Thats it. The windows installer will try to locate java, check if its
possible to write there and copy the libs for you.
With the zip you have to do that manually.

Regards

Per