[pskmail] Re: Comparative tests with THOR22 and PSK250

  • From: "John Douyere" <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:15:47 +1100

Rein,

Great test. I can support this with anecdotal tests done from VK to ZL
where Thor22 was significantly more robust than the PSK modes. In fact
Thor11 which has about the speed of psk31 was even more robust with
100% copy even through normal QRM and QSB on 80M.

I will be interested to see how this Thor22 mode performs during the
storm season here which is coming soon. I hold great hopes that the
long FEC coding will do wonders for that. The other advantage is the
great tolerance to frequency offsets too.

I agree, a great mode for marginal conditions.

73s, John