[pskmail] Re: Commander for rigcontrol?

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:15:15 +0100 (CET)

OK David, that could be a solution...

On Linux  I use the hamlib  rigctl program to send 'set freq' commands to the rig.
Like `rigctl -m309 -r \dev\ttyUSB0 -s 4800 F 1047000`

The jPSKmail code is open source...

Rein PA0R

From the v2.0.3 quickstart guide:

> Frequency control is only available for Linux at the moment, as we are using the hamlib library.
> This should also be working on windows, but we need a simple procedure to get it running. Windows experts, pse advise...

Would using DXLab's Commander program be an option for rig control on windows?  It accepts DDE commands -- if needed i can provide some technical details (i've written programs that "talk" to dxlab components, including QSY commands to Commander)

thanks,
--david
KJ4IZW