[pskmail] Clock setting in pskmail server .0.8.5

  • From: Russell Blair <russell_blair86@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PSKMAIL <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 17:01:16 -0700 (PDT)

Well I'm haveing trouble with keeping good time with pskmail server .0.8.5.. I
dont think I had a clock problem when I was using v.0.8, AS soon as I start the
computer up the clock is dead on, I even check the bios clock in the setup it
was good.
1- the computer was on all night with only UBUNTU 9.04 running no programs,
Time was still good over night.
2- I check the time setting and it set to time off the internet.
3- checked to see if NTP was loaded and it was as best as I could tell.
4- with fldigi 3.03 running and pskmail server-v.0.8.5, after about 5hr the
time starts to get slower and slower by about (from 1 to 2 sec it would take 3
sec in between the 1 and 2 so to get 1 to 2 it would take 4 sec), even the
couser in the terminal window was slower.
I put a new battery in the PC.
When I upgraded from v.0.8 to v.0.8.5 all I did was unzip and load on top on
the old program I hope thats was ok, if not then I may need to step back and
reload from clean start. I hope not. ???? What you u-all say about my timming
Server is down till I do something about this timming.

Russell  NC5O
Yesterday is HISTORY. Tomorrow is a MYSTERY. Today is a GIFT! Thats why its
called the PRESENT!

" IN GOD WE TRUST "

Russell Blair (NC5O)
  Skype-Russell.Blair