[pskmail] Client version 2, Windows

  • From: Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:08:20 +0100

Hello everybody.

I could not use Client 2 in the windows environment. After some amendments it does work for me now and can be downloaded from here:

http://www.puk2000.de/Temp/javapskmail_mod.jar

My command line looks like this:

javaw.exe -Duser.country=EN -Duser.language=en -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\jpskmail\javapskmail_mod.jar" Configuration2Test.xml

The usage of the argument "Configuration2Test.xml" in this example allows you to prevent any interference with configuration of other client versions.

Provided that the windows version of hamlib is properly installed (see their homepage), you can:

select and store:
use rigctl
the sound channel for your rig (must no longer be the windows default)
the controlling COM-port and speed for your rig
use rigctl-PTT

The Tune-Button works like a ping and does no longer leave the irg in xmit mode, as it did befor with my IC-7000

THIS IS ALL COMPLETELY EXPERIMENTAL

and due to my limited knowledge of java and the SVN versioning software not yet part of the official development line.

Have fun and a Happy New Year!

Klaus