[pskmail] Re: Client version 1.0 beta

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:36:59 -0500

Well alright!! Sounds like some great features.

Now I just have to get my server's radio fixed and back on the air. The receiver takes 5500 microvolts for S9 instead of 50 or so. I'm homing in on the problem so maybe not too much longer.

73,
Fred - wb5con

Rein Couperus wrote:
We are getting there...

The source beta of version 1.0 is now available:
http://hermes.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pskmail/pskmail-1.0.beta1.tar.gz
and also on
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail/pskmail-1.0.beta1.tar.gz

The package will also install the new fldigi 3.0 to /usr/bin, which seems to work well under UBUNTU... (*)

New features compared to version 0.9.9 (compatible with server version 0.7.13):

* further GUI simplification
* automatic (rx only) reception of wx and other bulletins
* download of tide reference stations nearest to your location
* download of tide tables
* download nearest APRS statons
* download server frequency table from the pskmail wiki
* download pskmail wiki news page
* download nearest RV camper sites (works only in EU).

Most of these functions rely on upgrading the servers to version 0.7.13, which will be uploaded soon.

I have tested this version extensively from the boat during the last 2
weeks amd I am quite happy with it now.

PSKmail client v. 1.0 will be released and the GUI design frozen after testing
this beta for 2 weeks.

(*) There will be a separate message about fldigi 3.0 on Xandros...