[pskmail] Re: Client software problem

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 09:28:16 +0200

Robert,

this is not Linux, this is pskmail :) Some remarks:

> Hi Rein
> I think I made small progress. I did reformat my "client " computer,
> reinstall Ubuntu, install again pskmail client software, I reconfigured
>  the way You sugested and I have following:
> Fldigi works fine
> When I start PSKMail using commands: pskmail - everything start
> nicely, I can ping to my server, I can get connected to my server,
> but with difficulties ( could be the fact that my radios are too
> close ) . Starting PSk mail with commands ./psk_arq.pl will not
> allows me to connect. I can ping, but when I try connect I do not
> have response from fldigi.

Start pskmail with the 'pskmail' script. If you have problems keeping the
connection alive, look at the frequency first. PSK250 needs to be within
+- 20 Hz of the other station.
Lock the tx frequency on Fldigi and switch AFC on.
Look at the amplitude and quality of the tx signal, you will see it at the
waterfall. Normally you want just a bit of ALC.

> Uff, I hope that is progress :)
> Now talking about server. I am able to edit user_db.pl by doing
> following: cd pskmail_server-0.7.8 then cd rflinkusers then gedit
> pskmail.pl. I can enter data ito DB list but when I connected with my
> station I got message "Could not find record" and then "Call KB2PNM o.
> k. ". Is this proper server behavior? did I enter data of the
> connectioing station ok??

You don't need to edit the user database. The user can do that by uploading
his record to the server via pskmail.

Goto edit->Mail options, enter your data and save.
Then connect to the server and do Edit->Update server.
The server will say 'Updated record for KB2PNM'.
If your data is not correct, i.e. the server can not find your mail
account upon connect, the server will nag you with "Please update your
record'.

Lastly,
NEVER run a server or client as ROOT.
NEVER run a server and a client on the same machoine at the same time.

Hope this helps, and when this works pse add this to the FAQ on the wiki.

.

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com