[pskmail] Can't get client to work.

  • From: kz5ed <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 08:31:00 -0400

Good Morning,

I have installed PSKMAIL Client on an Ubuntu 810 notebook.
I have fldigi 3.12. installed and it is working as it should.

I am a little confused about the startup instructions.

The wiki says

Note: The following command sequence is deprecated. Clicking the PSKMail icon automatically will start fldigi and itself.
Start fldigi with the following command:
$ fldigi --profile emc &
Then start pskmail with the command:
$ pskmail &

When starting this way it says --profile is an unrecognized option.

But it says that this command is deprecated anyway so just launching pskmail will start fldigi. I cannot get it to do that.

So I launch it like this and these are my results

eric@eric-xastir-tablet:~$ ./fldigi &
./fldigi: Symbol `hamlib_version' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
[1] 8749
eric@eric-xastir-tablet:~$ pskmail
02:04 UTC Aug-25-2009: Program start
"our" variable $pid masks earlier declaration in same scope
at /usr/local/share/pskmail/psk_arq.pl line 2522.
Use of uninitialized value $sortedlogs[0] in print
at /usr/local/share/pskmail/psk_arq.pl line 62.

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
at /usr/local/share/pskmail/psk_arq.pl line 63.
sh: cannot create /home/eric/.fldigi/: Is a directory
starting PSKMAIL mode
Main app...
Setting sweet spot
Starting RX

PSKMAIL puts fldigi in transmit mode and sends this message
MULTIPSK-OFF.  It does not change it to PSK250 as my set up in PSKMAIL is set.

Somehow I missed something and hoepfully someone can shed some light on making
this work.

Thank You

Eric
KZ5ED