[pskmail] Re: Building Server on Ubuntu - SSLeay Problem

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:38:10 +0200

This is a pain in the neck, but it can be resolved.
The trick is to follow exactly the recipe on the wiki... it is important to
install
openssl-0.9.7d.tar.gz before trying SSLeay and not another (newer) version.
This has to be compiled, synaptic will not get you the right version.
I have to do a fresh server install on Feisty tomorrow, I will recheck
if the procedure is still valid.

BTW I can also provide a statically linked version of the server which does
not need extra libraries, but that needs quite a bit of RAM to run....

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com