[pskmail] Re: Beta test version of java pskmail client, version 0.3

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 22:00:40 +0100

Hi Darrel,

Yes, thats correct and I knew about that. The gui is using the group
layout manager which was introduced in jdk 6.

Actually I borrowed a macbook at work (it had osx 10.4 and java 1.5,
apparently he would have to upgrade to osx 10.5 to get the new java) to
try to do something after you sent the first report about trouble.

Anyway, I found the nullpointer, which wasn't the problem in the first
place. It was that the old java didn't know about the grouplayout
manager: thats the "No class definition found".

Here is info from sun abt that layout manager:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/swing/GroupLayout.html

I have begun changing to other layoutmanagers but getting swing to look
good can take a while. So, version 0.3 needs java 1.6 to run.
I hope I can remove the grouplayout and get it to look good using the
other layout managers, I'll let you know as soon as it runs on the older
java.

73 de Per, sm0rwo